The only area of criminal law I now practice is expungements. A criminal conviction or arrest will not go away by themselves after the passage of time – or even after an acquittal in the case of an arrest. You must file a “Motion To Set Aside Conviction” – also known as having one’s record expunged.

If you are looking for work and have a conviction in your past, you’ll want to get it expunged. It’s relatively inexpensive to expunge your record. If your conviction was for a misdemeanor or C felony, if it has been more than three years since the conviction and you have had no other convictions within a ten-year period, you probably qualify to have your record expunged. Call me and I will be glad to let you know if your conviction and/or arrest record can be expunged.